Emberglow Outdoor Resort
Emberglow will open Memorial Day weekend and be ready to host guests for the 2020 season. Like a lot of other businesses, “business as usual” is going to look a little bit different than it did before we closed. We have put a lot of thought and consideration into making sure our guests and staff remain safe while on-site here at Emberglow. We will continue to monitor and evaluate our processes and procedures in the coming weeks as we learn more.
Amongst other things, we will have an express check-in/out process, a 3-day vacancy between lodging reservations, and our bathhouse will remain closed for the time being. See below for a complete list of extra precautions we are taking.
Extra Precautions We’re Taking:
- Remote Check-in/Check-out – Call us or use Express Check-in through our online reservation system and go right to your site or unit without going into the office.
- Comfort Stations Closed – The comfort station (showers and toilets) will be closed until June 12th. That means no primitive camping until then and RVers will need to use the bathroom in their RV.
- Playground – We have stopped construction on the playground area for the time being to help parents and guardians with the battle of seeing a playground that can’t be used.
- Private Pool – The pool will be open; however, because the size of gatherings need to be limited, we will be taking reservations for time slots for guests.
- Camp Store – If you need something from our store we will “shop” for you, deliver it, and charge it to your site.
- Bedding – We are removing blankets and comforters from the beds. Clean sheets and towels are provided, but guests need to bring their own blankets/comforters
- Three Day Vacancy Period – There will be a minimum of three days vacancy in all rental units between guests.
- No Large Gatherings – Emberglow will not host any community bonfires or group activities and guests will also be encouraged to keep the size of their gatherings to 10 or less.
- Extra Cleaning – Additional attention is being given to potentially germy surfaces like counters, handles, and doors.
- On-site Trails – We have added onsite private trails so guests can go hiking/biking without encountering crowded trailheads.
- Relaxed Cancellation Policy – We have relaxed our cancelation policy to give you peace of mind. See below for policies.
- No-touch Policy – Our staff will be greeting guests with smiles and waves instead of handshakes and high-fives. Thank you for understanding and supporting this.
- Social Distancing – Current recommendations include practicing social distancing of at least six feet – which is easy to maintain in the great outdoors!
- Sanitizer – Hand sanitizer and sanitizer spray will be available in common areas.
- Staff Masks – Staff will have gloves and masks but don’t worry, we are still smiling underneath.
- Guest Masks – Guests are not required to wear masks but are encouraged to do so if they will be coming in contact with other people on-site. For example: the dog park, trails, or recycling area.
- Hand Hygiene – Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple, regular act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Medical Facilities – Guests will be provided a list of urgent care and emergency rooms in the area in the event their health takes a turn for the worse.
- Up-To-Date Information – Emberglow Outdoor Resort is on standby 24/7 to support and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Emberglow’s Relaxed Cancellation Policy:
We are optimistic that the country has seen the worst of both the virus and stay home orders, but if we have learned one thing it is you never know what will happen next week. Emberglow will continue to have a relaxed cancelation policy.
In the event things take a turn for the worse again, we would greatly appreciate you putting your reservation on hold instead of canceling. Many of you did the first time, and we thank you! To show our appreciation for your support during tough times, when you reschedule a held reservation, we will add a free night to your stay.
If you are unable to place your reservation on hold, we are honoring penalty-free cancellations if North Carolina and or Polk County reintroduce travel restrictions again. We will be constantly updating and revising as circumstances change and will extend the penalty-free cancelation window should circumstances warrant.
For additional peace of mind, even if additional travel restrictions aren’t introduced, you can cancel a reservation for any reason up to a week (7 days) prior to your stay. We will only charge a normal cancellation fee of $15 for primitive units and RV sites and $25 for lodging units. Inside of the 7-day window, we will cancel the reservation but only for credit on a future stay.
Events at Emberglow:
All group activities and celebrations at Emberglow are canceled until further notice. We will shout from the rooftops when things return to normal at Emberglow!